Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of high school for Kaitlyn and middle school for Gillian

Reminiscent of the FIRST first day of school for both of them.  Kaitlyn says it's her "worst day ever".  I think it's a bit of 14yr. old drama.  I'm worried about her in the school after hearing what she has to say.  It's called "the pharmacy".  Oh. My. God.  Scary indeed.

Gillian loves middle school.  Especially no uniforms and many lunch choices.  Oh it's the little things.  She's really excited to do orchestra.  She wants to play the viola.  She is so full of chatter about her teachers and classes.  It's cool to hear.  She tells me that she is in a math class with 39 kids.  Yes, I said 39 kids.  In a portable! 

I'm quite melancholy about today.  I'd love to rewind time and be more available...in the past.  I'm truly aware and present (I think) now.  It's just a little bit unnerving to know that the girls and I both were the ones that lost out of the drives to school, various awards and mother/daughter muffin days.  Yes I managed to get to some of them but not nearly as many as the rat. 

No comments: