Monday, August 9, 2010

Awesome weekend - Farmers Market, HAN, and Carson

We had a great and very full day.  Made homemade blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast.  I made an extra batch for the week.  All of the kids love my fresh made with organic blueberries pancakes.  Then we packed everyone up in two cars and went off to farmer's market at west street.  Since we were already downtown we headed toward the Silver Legacy to enjoy (my first time) Hot August Nights cruise down Virginia.  The boys really liked it, except Ryan held his hand over his ears the whole time.  The cars were so cool.  It reminded me a little of the excitement my mom and dad felt this time of year.  Bittersweet.  Sweet that I now understand why they enjoyed it so much.  Sweet that the kids could see it.  Very sad that he isn't here to see it with them.  It was odd that I thought about this as our next adventure would be centered around my dad too. 

We made it back to the parking lot by the farmers market.  Chip and I were just thinking about what else we could squeeze in since we were already out and about.  We decided to spontaniously head to Carson City.  As we were driving into Carson, I pointed out to Kaitlyn that Grandpa had passed away at Carson Tahoe Medical Center.  This building is always a negative sight for me.  She didn't say much and we moved on.  I would later be surprised when she posted a comment on her FB page.

Grabbed Port of Subs and Mickey Ds and went to the capitol.  The grounds are so green and beautiful.  Boys had a blast jumping around.  Carter and I loved it because it was very shaded.  Very quiet on a weekend.  It was a great place to let them "runaround". 

Gillian and I had a great chat about where she wanted to live, being torn about seeing us.  Loving being around her brothers and how meaningful it would be to live here and go to school in Reno.  She loves all that there is to do here but hates that she has to choose.  There was commentary from her that she knows her dad always has to win.  That just made my heart sad.  Sad for her and if I didn't hate him so much, sad for him. Kaitlyn came up and asked if she was ok and gave her a hug.  Despite their teenager fights these girls love each other and are good to the core.  I'd like to think I've shown them to love and the value of family.

Made it home and finished up four loads of laundry.  The days are full and exhausting but it's worth every minute.  By the end of the day I wonder how I can sleep enough and do it again.  It's really hard but our family is special.   

No comments: