Sunday, November 29, 2009

November cont'd

More in November...

Work continues to be tense. A person I don't particularly trust has come into my end of the sales department. Originally going to report to me but then that was pulled back. Now there is clear "marking of the territory" by this person. Don't trust her farther than I can see her. Lots of poking around to see what it is I do. I have much hesitation about her when I take leave for maternity.

I still am not loving my job, another serious run in with the marketing department. Verbal attacks by the PR person. Caught VERY off guard. Defended myself, but we'll see what happens. PR guy goes on vacation and his boss attempts a private apology. I'm very proud I stood up for myself and my skillset. May not matter though. This particular company may not be ready to take on a social media strategy. It's frustrating.

Lots of morning sickness. I'm very tired all the time. It's hard to keep up with the basics both at work and home. Thank goodness for the help and support from Chip, mom and the people in sales that actually believe in what we can do.

The boys are still growing like crazy. They are putting together 2 and 3 word sentences. Its just been in the last couple of weeks that they are all saying "I see you" and "I want...". Ben is still the quietest, but he's an observer. He does, however, do a much better job of sticking up for himself. He loves to jump on the sofa. They all do, but it's Ben's deal to start it.

Ryan is still the most vocal. He repeats EVERYTHING. He's very particular too. Loves red clothes, especially if it has stripes. If he can't be in control he freaks out in the morning. He says "Ry Ry's ...." for whatever he has, wants or thinks is his. He does a wonderful job of trying to trade with his brothers when they have something he wants. It's so interesting to watch them. Ry also loves the book "Ham" (Green Eggs and Ham). He flips the pages and then on Ryan's timeline it becomes AH DONE. Ryan is strong willed and spends the most time in time out, but does well with it most of the time. He truly misses his 'Nina Nina since she left us. Every girl in a magazine is 'Nina. He asks "Where's my 'Nina?". Super cute, but it makes me want to force her to come back.

Gary is super funny with his silent takedowns. When he's getting picked on or pushed, he steps back and then gets back up for another round. It's very funny to watch. Then he'll basically tackle Ryan but not say a word. Ryan of course starts wailing, but Gary just doesn't let up. Gary is still the most emotional too. His feelings are easily hurt and he likes to snuggle. It's very sweet that Christina taught him how to eskimo kiss when she was here.

All the boys eat bacon and eggs like CRAZY. They can put down almost a pound of bacon. It's insane. We'll be seriously broke soon thanks to the boys eating. It's all good, but we still crack up on a daily basis. We're seriously worn out every single day...

Jeff got laid off from Les Schwab and lucky for Kristy and Jeff, she got a job at Khoury's Market in Winnemucca. Hopefully things will get better. The last month has not been kind to them with losing out on a refinance and repossession. Makes me worry.

I'm still very restless and would love to do some consulting along with my job. So much to do so little time. Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Kristy and Jeff will be missed, but we're happy to be hanging with mom and the Hortons.

No comments: