Sunday, November 15, 2009

First Big OB Appointment - Nov. 2, 2009

We met our new Reno doctor and had our first appointment with Sierra Women's Health. Dr. Farringer. Good midwest boy. Very to the point. Took a ton of history and did an ultrasound. We did see very clearly the normal development. We will deliver at Renown and I plan to have my tubes tied after the birth. The doctor also moved our due date out from 6/5/2010 to 6/11/2010 based on the size measurements on the ultrasound. He said everything looks good and that I'm a good "baby maker". That was based on how long I carried the boys and the "unremarkable" births with the girls.

Its a truly weird experience to have 2 babies, then multiples and then another single (that was a total surprise). Being here vs. Vegas hasn't been great with medical people. I'm hoping this experience will change things.

I certainly didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the new doc, but Chip told me to give it time. I am seriously emotional and kind of sad this pregnancy. I can't explain it. Well, maybe I can a little. I feel so up and down about this one. I love all of my children and they are ALL a blessing. Everything happens for a reason and I believe that about this too. Everything seems very amplified though. Work isn't fabulously fun, life is challenging in general and adding another child to the mix is going to be interesting.

Anyway, the appointment was a long one and it as informative and good to spend so much time together. 4 weeks until the next one.

No comments: