Friday, September 7, 2007

The last day of babies inside - 33 Weeks, 1 day


Well, most of you know we are scheduled tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. at Summerlin hospital to welcome these boys into the world. Chip and I thought we’d post one more belly pic since this will be our only experience - believe me 3 is enough - but we’re trying to cherish every moment, even when I am complaining at how uncomfortable and miserable I am. We are so grateful that science could help us get to this.

Here is the Summerlin Hospital information:
Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
657 Town Center Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89144
(702) 233-7000

We saw our doctor yesterday for monitoring and our twice weekly ultrasound scan, which was fine. We discussed how miserable I have been along with a urine dip that turned up some indicators of the babies taxing my liver, which is the beginnings of Toxemia. Blood pressure was good, but I’ve also been seeing spots periodically and waking up with headaches. So with pain in my muscles, back and belly along with serious heartburn, Dr. Bohman decided it is time before anything else happens to me that may make me sicker. So he asked us if we could be at the hospital at 6 a.m. for an 8:30 a.m. c-section. We looked at each other and said absolutely! Both of us were surprised that we could get in so soon. We fully expected for things to take at least a week. So I had a steroid shot yesterday to help develop the babies lungs and then again today to ensure the best possible outcome. Oddly, I had the best night sleep in awhile. Not sure why, but I felt so much better waking up this morning. Maybe it’s because now we know the end is near. I’m not sure.

We then sent our messages and called family all afternoon, which was nice to touch base with everyone either via phone or email. Everyone has been so supportive and warm. It has been so meaningful to us. As soon as we can we will post photos of the babies.

Talk to everyone soon!

No comments: