Sunday, September 30, 2007

3 Weeks Old


Babies are 3 weeks old! It’s been a short 3 weeks, but sometimes seem long...the nights are long, but the days fly. The boys are changing and getting bigger every day. We still miss little Gary while he finishes antibiotics via IV at Spring Valley Hospital. They tell us if all goes well, he’ll be home on Friday. I can’t wait!

Ben and Ryan are eating well and we and the babies are up every 3 hours to feed to help these little guys grow. They are all over 4.5 lbs. and growing! They have a little chub in their cheeks and are starting to see more meat on their legs and body. They are still so very small, but wow, much bigger than when they were born.

Our home looks like a baby village, stuff everywhere, but it’s all good. We have our first pediatrician appointment on Tuesday. I have lots of questions. We are also learning that RSV (a respiratory virus) season is coming and our boys will need an extra set of immunizations for that :(. Poor little guys, poked and prodded in their young life. In any case, we may have to limit their exposure too. Not sure. We also are anxious to see how much weight they’ve gained.

Sleep is still interesting, we are still looking for a pattern that will work for us. Sometimes Chip lets me sleep and sometimes I let him sleep. We manage to work it out, but I’d like a firm “schedule”. My type A persona rears it’s ugly head!!! I’m trying to let go of so much planning and let it be. The goal is to enjoy these boys and watch them flourish. Hard to keep that in mind at 2 a.m., but then when the sun rises, it’s all so much better. Especially after a good cup of coffee to help me wake up. Chip is super daddy already! He was initiated a couple of days ago with a diaper that leaked and was all over! He handled it like a trooper as I understand it. I was visiting Gary, so I wasn’t home to help.

I am working on thank you notes for the wonderful gifts from people. Thank you all in advance for all the thoughtful gifts, emails and phone calls. As soon as I can, we’ll send off a note to everyone as well.

No comments: