Friday, June 29, 2007

23 Week Update


Went to the doctor today and babies are doing great! The photo is of all 3 babies. My cervix length is back to 3 cm, which is very good. Who knew it could contract and expand??? Dr. Bohman says we need to keep doing what we’re doing and that means not much for me. Our doc is optimistic that we can make it to 33 weeks. WOO HOO!!! That will be a projected delivery date of around September 6. It makes me so happy that we are doing the things we need to do to ensure these little monkeys are born as late as possible. Dr. Bohman indicated that we’ll go as long as we can unless someone (either me or one of them) gets distressed or becomes ill. Chip and I also learned today that we will be delivering most likely at Summerlin Hospital, which has the best level III NICU in Las Vegas. It’s 45 minutes away from here, but they need that care and can get it up there. I’ve heard great things about the hospital facility, so that makes me feel good too.

I also weighed in today. I’ve gained approximately 20 pounds. According to the books and advice we’ve been given, this isn’t nearly enough. Ideally, I would have gained 40 pounds by now. Babies are growing great, so the doctor told us not to worry. So now at 20 pounds with the pregnancy, at almost 6 months, I weigh and am as big as when I delivered Kaitlyn at full term. Amazing! My belly is so rock hard sometimes, I wonder how they have room in there! We are both so grateful that everyone is so healthy and doing so well, but I wonder what this body of mine will look like after we’re all done. That’s a problem I’m fine with having!

No comments: