Sunday, June 3, 2007

17 to 19 Week Update



This was the visit prior to our “LAST VACATION” to Hawaii. I thought it would be quite an extensive appointment, but it was about the same as any other. We learned that we are having 3 BOYS!!! We are so excited that all seems to be good. 10 fingers and toes each, the head and abdominal measures look great. When they told us the first 2 were boys I was so excited. When the 3rd one turned out to be a boy too I just stunned! Wow...3 boys. I think it will be great. Since we have Kaitlyn and Gillian, I am happy that the sexes are different. No competition between 2 sets of girls. That works for me. I’m also happy to have a change of pace with Legos and GI Joe, rather than gathering more girlie stuff. The girls really enjoy the makeup and glitter. I’m looking forward to dirt, trucks and sports equipment. The girls are really excited about their brothers on the way. So with the happy news, we hopped a jet to Oahu and then the big Island 2 days later. It was a fabulous vacation, full of great food and beautiful scenery. Everything was really great until our return to the mainland. We had an 11 p.m. flight from Kona to Las Vegas via LAX...never do this if you don’t have to. We started our journey home with me being seriously tired. The last few days of the vacation I learned that my belly was growing and that it is time to slow down. I had had some belly pain if I walked a lot. It had been somewhat intermittent depending on if I had walked a lot or sat in one position for a time. Anyway, we got on the plane and sat right behind a very sick gentleman who vomited repeatedly for the 5 hour trip. So with the noise and full, hot plane, we did not enjoy our trip home, nor did we get any sleep. We thought our last trip to the islands was bad, well...this trip positively blew it away. Then we arrived at LAX and found we needed to change terminals and that meant leaving security and shuttling over. My belly ached from being on the plane and it became more intense with every step at LAX. I was almost in tears from being in pain and tired. So as soon as we touched down in Vegas we called Dr. Bohman and talked to him about the pain. We had an appointment to see them that same day anyway, so they told us to go home and rest and come back for our appointment. The appointment was quick, but I was really weepy and tired. Dr. Bohman thinks my pain is coming from muscle stretching that will not change, but get worse with time. I’m frustrated by this news, but try to keep in mind that it’s for a good cause.

We also successfully came up with 3 names that we like.....drum roll please.....the names for the boys so far will be: Gary Charles in honor of our dads, Benjamin Isaac, and Ryan Thomas. The last 2 names are ones we came up with based on Chip’s opinion and talking to friends and family. I like the names, but am not crazy about Benjamin. I really like Ben much more. Time will tell.

No comments: