Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25 - so much activity and change....

Just starting the second week of the new job. Lots of new stuff. Many webinars and webex meetings. I love it. Equipment is here and appears to be working fine. Connected with the new boss. She seems very nice. A former TravelCLICK employee. We had met before, but are pretty much acquaintences. Ironically Natalie brought us together. Can't believe how over the last 10 years the people I've met and worked with have been key in situations as time has passed. It's all good. It reminds me NEVER to burn a bridge if it can be helped. Hopefully the good job trend will continue. It feels so good to start new things. Really using my mind and learning. Getting the office together too. I'm really happy for that too. Tax time is around the corner, so we need to get organized anyway. Hopefully the numbers will work in our favor.

Received a notice of delinquency from the child support division. I know, I know...Happy New Year to me, right? Gotta love former spouses. What a jackass he is!

My mom also came to us in the last few weeks and let us know she actually wants to have her own life! She has done so much for us. But yeah, she totally deserves to live her life. She's been doing for us and everyone else since my dad's death in October of 2007. I'm proud of her strength. I'm proud of her toughness. We'll be fine...more than fine. She's got many, many years to live and should be happy, happy, happy. Everyone does.

So the first thing I did was put an ad out on Craigslist. I received over 10 responses in the first 24 hours and I posted the ad at 10p. Brandi was the first to answer. I immediately felt good things about it. She came over on Monday afternoon, and then we decided her first day would be 1/25/10. Unfortunately she got sick and I sort went into a panic. Really there was no need for it. She came and began her first full week on 2/1/10.

No comments: