Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 2009 - Before Christmas

December has come full on. Fred came in on December 2 and Celia followed 5 days later. Mom went home to enjoy time off. Chip got busy right away putting up Christmas lights. It was pretty cold outside and he was definitely a trooper for his cranky pregnant wife.

Went to Las Vegas for HSMAI, HEDNA and the Expedia Partner Conference the first week in December. It was busy but good. Had dinner with Deann, saw Jenni and did a little Christmas shopping in the evening. Stayed at Palms Place. Also had dinner one evening with Bonnie. Tried to get Kaitlyn several times, but was put on ignore. I guess it's her age, but it was offensive and finally I told her in no uncertain terms that it was unacceptable. We had dinner Thursday night (Dec. 10), went on to the Expedia party after that and I flew home on Dec. 11. I saw so many people at the Expedia event that I hadn't seen for years. It was really nice to have the opportunity to talk to everyone. I learned a ton of stuff about social media and online travel trends. It's really stimulating for my brain and I love it! So much to learn, so little time.

I also checked on the house while in Vegas. Lawn issues of course. Freddie needs to just take care of Sweet Jewel. Oh yeah, after I got home I learned that the faucet is broken and that it's $300 to fix. Crazy. Brittany and her family moved in fine and all was good otherwise.

We had a snowstorm on the way out of Reno and down to Vegas. Very cold and about 5 inches of snow. It was beautiful to see, but not great travel weather. It took almost 1/2 a day to get to Vegas. Between de-icing and plowing, it was an interesting morning trying to get South. Coming back was a little hairy too. It's snowed a bit more since then. I love it, but people are crazy when it snows. Here it is the 23rd and the snow is still here. Nothing wrong with that. Boy it's cold outside!

Gillian has been with us since Thanksgiving and going to Karate. Everything is good and she's been doing a great job of enjoying all that we have to offer. The little boys just love their "gill gill".

The boys are just talking up a storm. Ben had his first true haircut on Sunday (Dec. 20). He looks like such a little boy! He can also say "I cannot beweeve it" like the Little Einsteins. Celia told me about it and then I heard him say it. Oh my god! It was SO cute. He's talking so much more lately.

Ryan is just going to town repeating and saying short sentences. It's really cool to hear him say "Daddy do it" and "I see you".

No comments: