Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Holidays - Part I

The holidays are here and I attempt to shop and make things good with this holiday, but it seems difficult at best. Mostly because the bad outweighs the good this year. The boys came - huge positive - however it was a struggle through the pregnancy (not to diminish this miracle) and then with dad’s unexpected passing, it as just been challenging. I wonder how I will recover, but I know I will. I have a feeling that he is watching over us from above. Having all the kids helps me every day. It has been hard to get into the spirit. Decorating the house has helped. We are trying to make it festive even though there is so much baby stuff taking over the house. The babies are so smiley now. They will smile at us when we talk to them. It’s so cool to see them develop and respond to us.

The girls are getting so excited to get out of school and have Christmas - oops, I need to be politically correct - Winter Break. They will enjoy Colvins coming in to bake lots of Christmas cookies. We are all looking forward to that. Christina has already begun the baking with no bake cookies. We are holding out for expert Christmas baker Celia to lead the charge.

On 12/18 we took the babies for the first outing that wasn’t a doctors appointment. We visited Dr. Bohman and staff and took some great pictures! Unfortunately, our camera card fried and we lost out pictures, but Dr. Bohman’s staff has some too and we hope to get them emailed to us. I will post them as soon as we have them.

Colvins arrived on 12/20 to celebrate the holidays with us. It’s great to see them! They are RVing for the winter, and have offered to stay and help in January too. We feel so fortunate that we have had and continue to have help from friends and family. Fred and Celia drove from Illinois in their new RV. They traded up. It’s so nice and feels incredibly roomy for being an RV that isn’t the size of a tour bus.

No comments: