Sunday, November 25, 2007

So Thankful...






































Thanksgiving this year...what a wonderful week! Kristy came to visit, mom was here and the Hortons came in on Tuesday. It was such fun to have Christina and all the rest of us here. Very nice that we could come together from our families and meet. Bunny, Bill and Danny came from Florida to join us for a few days over Thanksgiving. Mom was here and Kristy arrived the Saturday night before turkey day. The evening evolved into quite the conversation about my dad, which was good. Mom, Kristy and I had pretty much resolved our issues, which were related to my dad’s death. All of us grieve differently and I was having my moment. Mom and Kristy did well in trying to understand me and my schizo ways. It’s an odd thing, this dealing with death and family. I never knew it would be this way, this complex and that I would have these varied feelings. I’ve always heard death can change your life, but I just didn’t know how it would be and it changes daily. Even now, I think that maybe I haven’t a clue about what all of this really means. I feel finality but then again I feel the presence of my dad. It is difficult, but yet a comfort, knowing that dad is up there watching and guiding. I feel comfort for my family because I know he’s there with us all the time. Mom and Kristy went back to Winnemucca for Thanksgiving. It was hard to see her go and we know she’s working on what she wants to do, so we will wait and see what the future brings. Mom plans to come back after the first of the year.

Thanksgiving day was wonderful! Bunny did her traditional Cuban turkey, which was WONDERFUL! We had all the trimmings going right after Bunny put the 21 lb. bird in the oven. Christina made a butterscotch pie which was amazing and of course we had to have pumpkin pie from Costco. I’ve never had a better pumpkin pie than Costco’s. Deann and Carlos Tello joined us for Thanksgiving for the 2nd year. It was so good to visit with them! Great company and fantastic wine. They saw the babies for the first time too. The babies loved all the hugs from Hortons and the Tellos.

No comments: